> and  was told to piss off

Ha, I have no idea what your reputation is.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 00:37, Peter Riley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I might have a go at that but I’m not speaking to poets this week. I just asked to join a ”poetry discussion list” which I believe is kind of parallel to this one and replaces the old “UK Poetry” list, and  was told to piss off.

BLOODY HELL. I’M 78 AND I’M NOT A RESPECTED SENIOR POET. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? THEY THINK I'M A POETRY MONSTER,  A BETRAYER OF ALL VIRTUE. AN EVIL WHITE GHOST.   WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?  (actually, who are they? because I was told nothing, just get out of here and don’t show your arse in this place again. )

Well, there are so many easily available channels for public hatred and disdain in the poetry world are there not, and always have been. . It hardly matters which particular rodent is gnawing at your floorboards.

If anyone wants to review my Collected Poems it could be possible. They don’t have to like it, they can say it’s a load of crap, as long as they say it in the TLS or the LRB.

Pr