Gabriele Rosenthal and her collaborators -- which I loosely call the Quatext German School -- originally synthesised the tradition which in England and the Anglosphere has become known as BNIM., the biographical narrative interpretive method.

Each has evolved in its own way, but both share a massive similarity of features.

Back in 1998, Rosenthal and her collaborators brought out in English a collected volume full of vivid short case studies and methodological discussions. Scanning these and dipping into particular chapters and case studies is still one of the best ways of getting a sense of the potential of biographical reconstruction

Gabriele Rosenthal et al. 1998. The Holocaust in three generations: families of victims and perpetrators of the Nazi-regime. London: Cassell

In 2018, she has brought out what can be seen as a complementary volume, a more sustained methodological introduction to Quatext-stykle, BNIM-style interview-interpretive work. It is more 'philosophic' than is common in anglosphere work, and does not discuss BNIM-work, but her detailed discussion enhances our understanding of  both very similar and  occasionally different BNIM procedures.

I can very strongly recommend her new publication, available free for downloading.

Note in particular:
She illustrates the case-interpretation methodology with the case of a Russian woman, 'Galina', in a way that is particularly useful in providing a sustained discussion of hypothesising in general and what we call 'structural hypothesising'in particular:
Biographical Data hypothesising is illustrated from p.171ff
Thematic Field (Teller Flow) hypothesising is illustrated from p.179 ff
The History of the Case Evolution and beyond  hypothesising (though not under that name) is illustrated from p.181 onwards.

Best wishes to all

Tom