Dear all,

Please see below for a 7 month RA opportunity looking at cognitive ageing using EEG and eye tracking methods,

Best

Christina

https://vacancies.ntu.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=5901

Research Assistant in Psychology

Job Reference : 005779

Location : City Site

Closing Date : 30/11/2018

Salary : Grade E (£22,017 - £24,029 p.a.)

Department : College of Business Law & Social Sciences

School/Section : School of Social Sciences

Post Ref : H1666

Additional Information: This role is fixed term for 7 months.

NTU is a great place to work.  We take care of our staff with flexible packages, career progression and opportunities. We value all our staff because we know that it takes a strong and diverse workforce to maintain the kind of success we have achieved.

Our award-winning research attracts international acclaim and we are proud of our strategic partnerships.  This is all down to the ability of our people to shape, create and innovate, wherever they work with us.

2017 has been a year full of prizes, publicity and recognition for the NTU community, culminating in our receipt of the prestigious University of the Year award. Along the way, we’ve recorded some of the highest student satisfaction levels in the country in the 2017 National Student Survey, and achieved the TEF gold standard for the quality of our teaching. We are also extremely proud to have been named Modern University of the Year in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.

The Psychology Department at Nottingham Trent University is seeking to employ a Research Assistant  for a project investigating memory and inhibition in older adults.

This project will utilise eye-tracking and neuroimaging technology to establish behavioural and functional differences between young adults, healthy older adults, and older adults suffering from mild cognitive impairment. The research team aim to establish new insights into the development of dementia and into other age-related cognitive changes.

This is an ideal opportunity for an early career researcher to make a valuable contribution to impactful research, and to develop high-level skills in the area of cognitive psychology and neuroimaging (EEG). The successful candidate will assist the project lead in designing, setting up, and running experiments. Specific duties may include, for example, statistical analysis, contributing to conference presentations and publications, and liaising with non-academic audiences and stakeholders, etc.

You will have demonstrated excellence at both an undergraduate level (2.1 or higher in a Psychology degree or equivalent) and masters level (commendation or above), have good knowledge of core areas of psychology, and have experience in conducting research from conception through to dissemination.

Interview date – To Be Confirmed

If you have any specific queries in relation to this position, please contact Dr Stephen Badham, Senior Lecturer, on +44 (0)7814 566362 or via email [log in to unmask]

Successful applicants will usually be appointed to the base of the advertised salary grade, except in justifiable circumstances.

This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers.  Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.

Dr Christina J. Howard

Associate Professor

Room 103, Taylor Building

Nottingham Trent University

50 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)115 848 5556

Please note: I may send emails outside of office hours - I do not expect an immediate response.

Latest publication: Team ball sport participation is associated with performance in two sustained visual attention tasks: Position monitoring and target identification in rapid serial visual presentation streams.

Christina J. Howard, Jonathan Uttley & Sally Andrews

Progress in Brain Research (2018) 240

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.

To unsubscribe from the AVA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=AVA&A=1