Dear colleagues,

A reminder that tomorrow (Tuesday 20 November) is the closing date for applications for the post of Senior Archivist at Bristol Archives: https://jobs.bristol.gov.uk/vacancy/senior-archivist-369343.html

This role was advertised in June 2018 but we have since reviewed the requirements for the post, which offers an exciting opportunity for an archives professional seeking the next step in their career. Previous applicants are welcome to apply.

With best wishes,

Allie Dillon
City Archivist, Bristol Archives

Senior Archivist
Bristol City Council
Salary: £30,756 - £33,136
Location: Bristol Archives, B Bond Warehouse, Smeaton Road, Bristol BS1 6XN

Bristol is a vibrant city with a lively cultural offer, noted for its creativity and quality of life. Bristol Archives is an Accredited Archive Service and part of Bristol Culture. We care for records spanning ten centuries of the city’s history - Designated as an Outstanding Collection - as well as archives in the British Empire & Commonwealth Collection.

We're seeking a proactive and flexible individual to lead our team of five searchroom staff and contribute to management of Bristol Archives, including deputising for the City Archivist. You’ll take forward digital and other developments in our public services, as well as working to raise our profile and overseeing our programme of events and exhibitions.

Collaboration is key to this post, working with the multi-disciplinary Bristol Culture team as well as partners within and beyond the public sector, to engage with diverse communities and deliver new work on the collections. There will also be opportunities to be involved in other collections projects, including digital preservation.

You will need a postgraduate qualification in archive administration and relevant professional archives experience. When completing the application form, please demonstrate how you have the abilities, aptitudes and experience detailed in the person specification.

For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Allie Dillon (City Archivist) on 0117 922 4235.

Interviews will be held on Monday 3 December.