From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Michele Losse <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Archives Apprenticeships

Dear All,

Apologies for cross posting, I notice that some of you have already posted on the subject. Apologies also for the previous email, it seems I pressed the wrong key!

We are thinking of offering an Archives Apprenticeship, which would work in the same way as an Archives Assistant but for someone without a degree.

They would attend one of the Archives course one day a week, but may well need to do extra modules to get to degree level or obtain a Certificate rather than a PG diploma.

CILLIP are proposing the scheme as 'Library, Information and Archive Services Assistant'

The ARA has recognised it as a valid Apprenticeship, having some entry requirements.

I was wondering if those involved in teaching  the course in the various Universities know about this and whether this is something that could be developed? Have other Archives thought about this and also considering it?

I would be interested in hearing their views.

Thanks and Regards,

Michele

--
Michele Losse| Archivist | Student Journey | Library Services & Special Collections

Room CC4-01d | The Wash Houses | Old Castle Street | London E1 7NT|T: +44 (0)20 7320 3504.

My working days are Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday.

London Metropolitan University is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 974438 and VAT registered number GB 447 2190 51. Our registered office is at 166-220 Holloway Road, London N7 8DB. London Metropolitan University is an exempt charity under the Charities Act 2011. Its registration number with HMRC is X6880.