n urgent appeal has been launched to save a huge archive of photographs depicting Venice in its post-war, Dolce Vita heyday, when the Grand Canal and St Mark’s Square were frequented by the likes of Paul Newman, Sean Connery, Ernest Hemingway and Sophia Loren.

The archive of more than 320,000 photographs, amassed by a now defunct Italian photography agency called CameraPhoto, depicts world leaders such as Winston Churchill and Pope John Paul II, as well as artists such as Dali and Picasso and the American poet Ezra Pound.

http://bit.ly/2FlUEND
http://bit.ly/2FlUEND+

--
Peterk