Deadline for Applications: 9am, Thursday 8th November 2018
Interviews: Thursday 29th and Friday 30th November
Delivery: December 2018 - March 2019
Fee: £2600/£3400 gross
Location: Hackney, London

Hackney Archives collects, preserves and provides access to records that contribute to Hackney's socio-economic and cultural identity, helping everyone understand Hackney's rich & diverse past and present.

Over 155,000 photographic negatives from the studio collection of Hackney photographer RA Gibson are currently being repackaged and digitised. A sample is available for public viewing on flickr and as part of a public exhibition at Hackney Museum. The photographs are a dynamic record of daily life in Hackney. Spanning the 50s, 60s and 70s; capturing local events, studio portraiture and family occasions as well as evidencing the demographic change in the local area.

We're looking for two proactive and engaging facilitators to support the documentation and sharing of the images in our RA Gibson collection. In particular, we are interested in people that have experience of connecting people with heritage materials, and understand the importance of cataloguing and documentation in making heritage accessible to all.

There are two distinct opportunities:

  1. A facilitator to support staff at Hackney Archives to develop a practical way of working to capture new and multiple perspectives in all aspects of its collections management
  2. A facilitator to support staff at Hackney Archives to unlock the potential of the RA Gibson collection through the engagement of specific community groups

For more information and to apply, please download the briefs for the relevant role via our website at https://hackney.gov.uk/archives (Under the heading 'Opportunities at Hackney Archives)

Closing date for applications is Thursday 8th November 2018. Please email [log in to unmask] with any questions relating to the advertised roles.

Best wishes,

Etienne Joseph

Senior Archives Officer

Hackney Archives, Heritage Services

Neighbourhoods & Housing Directorate, Public Realm

Hackney Council

Hackney Archives, CLR James Library, Dalston Square, E8 3BQ

Tel.: 020 83566044

www.hackney.gov.uk

Disclaimers apply, for full details see: https://hackney.gov.uk/email-disclaimer