Associate Lecturer (Education Focused) in Statistics
University of St Andrews, School of Mathematics and Statistics,
Salary: £33,199 per annum, Start: As soon as possible, Fixed term for 18 months
Closing date for applications: 7 December 2018
For more details, and to apply, see https://tinyurl.com/StatsJobStA

This is a 1.5 year fixed-term post.  We are looking for an outstanding teacher
in Statistics to join us in delivering our highly-rated programme of teaching at
undergraduate and taught postgraduate level.  Although the position is for 1.5
years in the first instance, there may be prospects for continuation beyond that
period.

We welcome applications from candidates who hold, or will shortly hold, a PhD in
Statistics or a closely-related discipline; have teaching experience at
undergraduate level; have experience applying relevant analytical skills and
teaching techniques to a wide range of learners; have good communication skills
and share our desire to educate and inform students.  Experience in statistics
module development and/or in problem-based learning methods will be an
advantage, as will demonstrable ability to work in a team.

The post-holder will teach modules in statistics that may be at a range of
levels from first year undergraduate to taught Masters level.  It is currently
envisaged that these will be focussed on statistical modelling and computation,
and hence particular experience in these areas is desirable.  They will also
supervise final-year undergraduate and Masters dissertation projects; these
latter projects take place over the summer.

This post will be based at one of the two buildings that house the School of
Mathematics and Statistics, located close to one another on the North Haugh
campus of the University.

For informal enquiries, we encourage those considering applying to contact the
Head of School, Professor Mark Chaplain ([log in to unmask]) and/or Head
of Statistics, Dr Janine Illian ([log in to unmask]) to discuss possibilities.

The University is committed to equality for all, demonstrated through our
working on diversity awards (ECU Athena SWAN/Race Charters; Carer Positive; LGBT
Charter; and Stonewall).  More details can be found at
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/diversityawards/.

This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by the UKVI to enable
sponsorship of migrant workers.  Further information can be found at
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/policy/immigration/.

Please quote ref:  AOAC5747RXSB

https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/Vacancies/W/6032/0/210165/889/associate-lecturer-education-focused-in-statistics-aoac5747rxsb/Referral

SIGNOFF allstat