The Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS) invites applications for several postdoctoral research positions.
https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/12460

The MPI MiS is located in Leipzig, Germany, and cooperates with Leipzig University. Research at the MPI MiS exploits the fruitful interaction between mathematics and the sciences. We not only apply existing mathematical methods and techniques to the sciences, but also transmit the conceptual and structural approach of mathematics into new areas of research, and, vice versa, translate scientific questions and problems into mathematical challenges.

This mission lives on an interdisciplinary approach to mathematical and scientific questions and we attack these questions by means of scientific exchange, collaboration, and cooperation with researchers from all over the world. We hire in the classical areas of mathematics like:

Algebra
Calculus of Variations
Discrete Structures
Geometry
Mathematical Statistics
Partial Differential Equations
Stochastics

and also in fields exploring the interaction of mathematics and the sciences like:

Algebraic Statistics
Combinatorics and Applied Algebraic Geometry
Complexity and Cognition
Data Science / Mathematics of Data
Discrete Random Geometry
Fluid Dynamics
Information Geometry
Information Theory and Network Analysis
Materials Science
Mathematical Biology
Mathematical Machine Learning / Theory of Deep Learning
Mathematical and Theoretical Physics
Stochastic Partial Differential Equations

Successful candidates should be willing to closely collaborate with at least one of the postdoctoral mentors of the institute.

Our offer:
Postdoctoral position for 1-3 years
No teaching duties but the possibility to teach an advanced course in our international graduate school.
We provide a scientific environment where you are encouraged to explore new scientific directions and where you will find many partners with whom you can discuss a wide range of scientific ideas.

Application deadline December 1 (starting date flexible)

Details and submissions of applications to: https://www.mis.mpg.de/career/postdoc.html

SIGNOFF allstat