THE FRAUNHOFER INSTITUTE FOR SYSTEMS UND INNOVATION RESEARCH ISI IN KARLSRUHE IS OFFERING A POSITION  (STARTING 01 JANUARY 2018) AS

PHD STUDENT FOR THE ANALYSIS OF INNOVATION POTENTIALS IN THE FIELD OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT)

What you offer:
You have an excellent master's or diploma degree in business informatics / information systems / information technology or industrial engineering with an interest in social science and economics issues or in social sciences or economics with an interest in technical issues and are aiming for a doctorate.

You should be interested in IT security and data protection related to recent ICT developments such as Big Data, AI, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Cloud Computing or similar. Furthermore, you should have interest in working on interdisciplinary issues at the interface of technology, business and politics as well as a willingness to cooperate with scientists from related disciplines. You should also have a high degree of independence and the ability to work in a team. Very good German language skills and, due to the international orientation, very good English language skills in spoken and written form as well as the ability to present work results convincingly in oral and written form are required.

What we offer:
The position is assigned to the research group on "Information and Communication Technology", which deals with the analysis of application conditions, market development potentials and other impacts of new ICT. Our clients are companies, national ministries and the European Commission. You will be involved in various national and international research projects focusing on questions of security, reliability, cost-effectiveness and social compatibility of ICT applications.

You can expect interesting projects with international contacts to leading scientific institutions, a well-equipped technical infrastructure and an open-minded and cooperative working atmosphere.

As part of the work-life balance, we offer a wide range of opportunities, such as flexible working hours, teleworking and support in reconciling family and career. In addition, our employees have access to a comprehensive range of further and advanced training courses.

Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). In addition, Fraunhofer can grant performance- and success-based variable remuneration components.

The position is initially limited to one year, there is the possibility of an extension with the goal to obtain a doctorate.

In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.

If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Mrs. Tamara Striebel, Personnel Officer

http://www.isi.fraunhofer.de
Code: ISI-2018-70
Application deadline (extended): 02-11-2018
https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/40734/Description/1

Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.