Hi Thang,

The other contributing factor will be that the error term is the pooled error term across both contrasts.

Best,
Donald

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:00 PM MCLAREN, Donald <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Thang,

While the degrees of freedom will make some difference, I wouldn’t think it would be that dramatic.  Are you testing the conjunction null or global null? This will make a larger impact and changes the interpretation.

Best,
Donald