Hi all,

I have a simple question regarding the acquisition of field maps (to be used in order to correct for distortions in the EPIs via SPM) - does the number of slices acquired for the field map have to match the number of slices acquired during task runs? We started running participants with the same number of slices for the field map and the EPI runs, however, have had to change the number of slices for our task after a few subjects (but left the field map parameters unchanged), and now are wondering if this would matter in terms of preprocessing. Any help or insight would be much appreciated!