Dear Peter,
thank you a lot for your detailed answer. Regarding your very nice second option, there's one point I am not quite sure about:
you suggest to specify 2 DCMs per subject, one for each session. I presume you imply that the condition A regressor should still represent the driving input in both DCMs. But what about modulatory inputs (B-matrix), then? Should these just be omitted?
Thank you and best wishes,
Marco