Dear all,

We have a block design with condition A and B. With contrast A > B, we are
able to look at the activation A > B using one-sample t test. To look at
the sex differences, we built a two-sample t test of men vs. women in group
analysis. There is no difference between men and women. However, one
reviewer asked us to use ANOVA model (condition by sex) to look at the sex
effect. To do ANOVA, we extracted the individual contrast images of A>0 and
B>0, and then built ANOVA with condition (A vs. B) as between-subject
variable and sex (men vs. women) as within-subject variable. The results
showed that we obtained very similar results of main effect of condition (A
vs. B) in ANOVA as of the one sample t test of A vs. B. However, we
observed huge sex activation (men vs. women) in ANVOA model, while nothing
with two-sample t test. Does anyone know what happened? Is it possible that
the ANOVA was not valid at all?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sheng