Applications are still open for our LEGO SERIOUS PLAY Workshop… But not for long! The deadline is at 5pm on 4th November. We hope to see you there.

Exploring your research through LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®

Date: 13/11/18

Time: 10:00 – 16:00

Location: Room 2.328, Jean McFarlane Building, University of Manchester

Apply Here

In this day workshop you will be introduced to the LEGO ® SERIOUS PLAY ® methodology, and its particular use in all forms of postgraduate research. This is a hands-on workshop in which you will build, share and reflect on a range of models - individual and collaborative to consider your own research questions as well as broader ones. By the end of the workshop you will have put into practice the principles of the method and learned something of its use in other contexts. You will also be able to use simple techniques for the creative exploration of issues that are complex and deep, and for responding to questions that have no straightforward answer. You will develop the ability to apply a constructionist and metaphorical approach to your own research interests, as well as those of others.

Prof. Alison James is a National Teaching Fellow and an accredited LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® facilitator. Amongst her publications she is the author of Engaging Imagination: helping students become creative and reflective thinkers (2014) with Professor Stephen Brookfield and co-editor with Chrissi Nerantzi of The Power of Play in HE: creativity in tertiary learning (December 2018).

To find out more about Alison:

https://engagingimagination.com/prof-alison-james/

Please note that there is an application procedure for this event, the deadline is at 5pm on 4th November, we are aiming to have decisions sent out shortly afterwards.

Priority will be given to University of Manchester PGR students from the Faculty of Humanities.

All attendees must arrive promptly and remain for the full duration of the workshop.

For information on upcoming events please join our mailing list here

Also you can Follow us on Twitter  to get up to date information about ALL upcoming events

We also have a YouTube channel which features hours of methods content.

To unsubscribe from the QUALITATIVE-RESEARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=QUALITATIVE-RESEARCH&A=1