Dear colleagues

Herewith an opportunity from another part of my university. I am still in the process of finding out some more about it, so please ask the organisers rather than me (there is a link in the ad). I am advised that a Junior Research Fellowship is about as research-intensive a post as you can get, which is why some of this doesn't quite add up, to my eye. But the deadline is pretty soon, so I send it as it is.

Jane

Zukerman Research Fellowship

King's College, Cambridge, wishes to appoint from 1 October 2019 a Junior Research Fellow (a four-year faculty level position), to work in the interdisciplinary field of Science Communication. Applications are invited from candidates with a background in any field but with a strong record in, and commitment to, the communication of science to a broader audience, and the ability to cross disciplinary divides to achieve this.

The closing date for applications is 19 November 2018; short-listed candidates must be available to attend interviews on 28 February 2019.

http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/research/junior-research-fellowships.html

Further particulars

The Governing Body of King's College invites applications for a Junior Research Fellowship in the interdisciplinary field of Science Communication. Applications are invited from candidates with a background in any field but with a strong record in, and commitment to, the communication of science to a broader audience, and the ability to cross disciplinary divides to achieve this. The audience may be the general public, but could also be more specific groups such as policy makers, business leaders, schools, children, etc. Candidates may be scientists themselves wishing to reach a broader audience for their own and related research; or from disciplines such as history and philosophy of science, anthropology or scientific journalism involved in the understanding and dissemination of scientific ideas and their implications. Possible topics could include, but are certainly not limited to: (i) Climate change; (ii) Energy; (iii) Understanding of risk; (iv) Data and its use; (v) Genetic modification; (vi) Human animal interactions; (vii) Pharmaceuticals; (viii) Time and space.

The Fellowship is intended to provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to pursue their own research programme in interdisciplinary work while benefiting from the range of expertise in Cambridge, and King's College in particular. The project could be based entirely within the college, or could involve a base in one of the University departments.

Dr Jane Gregory BSc MSc PhD
Institute of Continuing Education
University of Cambridge

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************