Dear LIS-Medical Colleagues,

It looks like the web-site for new users wishing to register for an OpenAthens account (http://openathens.nice.org.uk/) has been down for several weeks now:

[cid:bd58176a-09c5-4fa2-9d85-3303cbefbcd7]

Up until last week I was usually able to find a way around it, such as going to a different page somewhere and clicking through a link, or by similar stealth.  As of Friday, though, nothing seems to work!

For the moment, at least, I can still register people through the admin account (which I suppose we shouldn't really do unless they're standing there with us as otherwise it would mean consenting to T&Cs on their behalf, which can't be GDPR-friendly).  That's been fine when the user is in the library, or able to drop in, but that's not always convenient for those that don't have the time/inclination to visit.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Is it a 'known issue', do you know?  Is it likely to get resolved any time soon?

Sorry for such a boring message on a Monday morning.

Kind regards,

Mina Krishnan

Assistant Librarian

[cid:bb1d7fa3-44dd-42d6-ac74-4e69c7590c0a]

Resource Focus: KnowledgeShare
 Create a Personalised Alerting Service based on your professional interests:
https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/KnowledgeShare/

[cid:eb80873b-db96-4da3-a7ab-fd379ccd72ec]
Mx Mina Krishnan

Assistant Librarian

Library & Knowledge Services

Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust