From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rosina Doherty-Allan
Sent: 24 October 2018 12:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Length of time for reserved items to be held awaiting collection

Good afternoon all,
At Ulster University, we are currently developing and reviewing the library's reservation service, and we have a question around the length of time that a reserved item should be held while waiting on collection.

Currently, we hold items (2-week loan and 2-month loans) awaiting collection for 7 days, and this has been in place for a number of years. It would be really helpful to get a sense of what practice in other university libraries is regarding the length of time reserved items are held.

I will of course summarise for the list.
Kind regards, Rosina

Rosina Doherty-Allan
Campus Library Manager
T: +44 (0) 28 7167 5057