**booking now open**

Practical Solutions to Impossible Problems
The Ninth NAG Collection Development Seminar for Academic Libraries #NAGCd9
7th November 2018, The Studio, Leeds

Libraries and Librarians are beset, on all sides, by a range of problems that profoundly affect the ways in which we can deliver services. Economical, political, logistical, legal, and sometimes even philosophical considerations impact heavily upon all aspects of Library operations. Responding to and managing this wide range of requirements, restrictions and expectations is often fundamental to how Librarians manage to provide our users with positive and useful experiences. Librarians frequently use creative and imaginative solutions to navigate these choppy waters and this seminar is the opportunity to share them.

Our speakers include:

Eric Jackson (Leeds Beckett University), “Thinking outside the (Process) Box: Adopting NAG servicing guidelines.”

Graeme Gamblin, Ann Stairmand-Jackson and Nikki Griffin (Birmingham City University), “The journey from Librarian- to criteria-based book ordering: are we there yet?”

Hazel Grainger and Richard Swales (Bath Spa University), “How do you solve a problem like… an entirely rewritten undergraduate curriculum with no extra budget?”

Antonio Garcia Fernandez and Ben Catt (University of York), “Provision of high demand reading material at University of York Library.”

Mandy Harper and Frances Machell (University of Birmingham), “Mission impossible! - The challenges and solutions of setting up a branch library in Dubai.”

Special workshop:
Jane Secker, Chris Morrison and Caren Milloy (Universities UK / GuildHE Copyright Negotiation and Advisory Committee), Understanding the value of the CLA Licence and its role in content acquisition in higher education.

A draft programme and more information is available at the link below.  Don't miss out on your place: our last seminar was full with over 100 delegates!

And why not stay over in Leeds and continue your CPD with NAG's Public Libraries Forum the following day which is open to all and priced at just £35 per delegate?  A great opportunity for cross sector learning - see http://www.nag.org.uk/news/2018/08/plf/ for more information.

Full details of NAGCd9 and booking at:  http://www.nag.org.uk/events/2018/09/nagcd9-programme-details-and-booking/

Any questions, please do not hesitate to email us.
Best wishes
Jennie and the #NAGcd9 team.

Jennie Hillyard, M.A., B.A. (Hons.), MCLIP

NAG Development Manager,
National Acquisitions Group  www.nag.org.uk

12 -14 King Street

Wakefield

West Yorkshire

WF1 2SQ

@UKLibrariesNAG

Please use email to contact us wherever possible, as we will generally be able to respond more quickly to this than to a phone message.

However, if you do wish to speak to somebody personally, the numbers are 01924 383010 and 07587 133012

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1