From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Helen Barrell
Sent: 24 October 2018 12:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Length of time for reserved items to be held awaiting collection

Hi Rosina,

We used to have items on the reservation shelves for a week, but when we moved to dynamic loans, we took the opportunity to reduce the time. So it's now two working days (so doesn't include the weekends, even though we're open 24/7).

This helps increase circulation of items, so they're not stuck on the reservation shelves for as long, and we do advertise to our users that if they need longer to collect the item, to let us know. So we try to be flexible!

That all said - we give 7 days for people collecting items which are from our Research Reserve collection (basically, the lower-use stock in the library store) because most of the time there won't be lots of people trying to get their hands on those items.

Best wishes,
Helen.

Helen Barrell
Online Services Manager
Library Services
Academic Services
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
B15 2TT

Tel: 0121 414 5851
www.intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/library

The contents of this email may be privileged and confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor copied in any way. If received in error, please notify the sender and then delete it from your system. Should you communicate with me by email, you consent to the University of Birmingham monitoring and reading any such correspondance.