From: A bibliometrics discussion list for the Library and Research Community <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Flanagan, Dimity
Sent: 10 September 2018 13:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LIS-Bibliometrics event: request for lightning talks

Dear List Members,

You may remember our save the date notice back in June for the 2019 LIS-Bibliometrics event. We are now able to provide a little more information on the structure of the day. We would also like to invite members to register their interest in presenting a lightning talk at the event.

The theme for the event is “open metrics” so we welcome lightning talks on all the issues surrounding this, such as open metric data, open standards, impacts of open research, and ways of measuring openness.

Each speaker will have five minutes to present and further time will be allowed for questions.

To express your interest in presenting a lightning talk, please email Dimity Flanagan at [log in to unmask] by Friday 12th October, detailing the topic of your talk in a few sentences.

Below is a reminder of the key details of the event and the format of the day. Registration will open in November so please do keep an eye on the list for the Eventbrite link.

When: Tuesday 29th January 2019

Where: British Library Conference Centre, 96 Euston Rd, London

9:00 – 9:30

Registration

9:30 – 9:40

Welcome

9:40 – 11:00

Introductory session: keynotes one and two

11:00 – 11:30

Tea break

11:30 – 12:45

Workshops: three parallel sessions

12:45 – 13:30

Lunch

13:30 – 14:00

Feedback from workshops

14:00 – 15:00

Lightning talks x 10

15:00 – 15:30

Tea break

15:30 – 16:30

Panel

16:30 – 16:45

Summary and close

Kind regards,

Dimity.

Sent on behalf the Open Metrics Meeting Programme Committee – Nicola Dowson (OU); Dimity Flanagan (BL), Stephen Grace (LSBU), Ray Kent (RVC), Mike Taylor (Digital Science), Nathalie Cornée (LSE)

Dimity Flanagan
Scholarly Communications Lead
Pronouns: she/her

The British Library