In case anyone missed the message below and has time to complete the survey …

We will close the survey on October 24 so we have time to analyse the results before the conference - we have over 50 returns so far but with only a few responses from learning developers.

We will re-open the survey after the conference and publish a short summary of outcomes and implications to this list (and to SEDA and ALT).

Best wishes
Peter

At the end of 2016, Sarah Chesney asked the SEDA Jiscmail list the following question: ‘what are our guiding principles, as educators and developers, on the use of digital technology?’ (SEDA Jiscmail list, 17th November 2016)

Members of SEDA (and ALT) who responded acknowledged that this is an important topic to discuss. Building on their input, Sarah, Peter Hartley and David Baume developed a document that attempted to outline a response. You can see (and are welcome to comment on) the document here

Sarah and Peter are running a workshop on this same theme, with a particular focus on ethical issues, at the SEDA 23rd annual conference in November 2018 – see details at https://www.seda.ac.uk/events/residential . As part of the preparation for this workshop, we are collecting data and opinions on ethical applications of digital technology in learning and teaching.

Are you able to spare a couple of minutes to answer just a few short survey questions on this theme please?

If so, please go to http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/DANWU/

Your responses to the survey will help us gain an overview of how decisions are made about which digital technologies to use to support learning and teaching. We are aiming to publish outcomes from the workshop and will post details to this list. We will also be delighted to engage in dialogue on these issues through this email thread or through personal emails.

 Many thanks

Sarah Chesney and Peter Hartley

To unsubscribe from the LDHEN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LDHEN&A=1