Dear jazz research network

You may recall a month or so ago I put a request on the list for suggestions to help me with some work I’ve been doing on UK jazz (and festivals) musical responses to transatlantic slave trade. Thank you to members for taking time to respond. I said if there was interest I would write a blog including replies. There was, and I have.

If you are interested, you can read my brief survey in the blog below, which also has a number of videos and music extracts embedded.

https://georgemckay.org/black-history-month-uk-jazz-and-the-transatlantic-slave-trade/

Best wishes, and thanks again—

George

Prof George McKay, AHRC Leadership Fellow Connected Communities,

Film, Television & Media Studies,

University of East Anglia,

Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK

Tel: +44 (0)779 1077 074; +44 (0)1603 592152.

Recent publications: edThe Pop Festival: History, Music, Media, Culture (2015)

From Glyndebourne to Glastonbury: The Impact of Music Festivals in Britain (2016; free download)

Music From Out There, In Here: 25 Years of the London Jazz Festival (2017; free download)

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

UK Top 15 (The Times/Sunday Times 2018 and Complete University Guide 2018)

World Top 200 (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018)

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.