From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Crispin Flower
Sent: 25 October 2018 11:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ArcMap 10.2.2.

Hi Vanessa

Using applications like ArcGIS remotely, connecting to corporate storage over a VPN connection (without using specific thin-client technologies) is always going to be slow. I wouldn’t have thought your previous 20 minutes to open was acceptable either!  Hard to say why 10.2.2 is worse than 10.1, but I’d suggest rebuilding your MXD in the new version and trying again. This should be quick to do if groups of layers are saved out as lyr files and added to a new MXD.

But really for remote working you need to be moving to your ICT’s Citrix platform, or to Exegesis hosting, and we’re happy to help with either.

Best wishes

Crispin