Hi everyone,

We have a new part time, funded post out at the moment. Please pass one to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks, Kate

Learning and Access Officer (STEM Careers for All)

Salary details: SO2: £29,055 - £30,756 (pro rata), 18.5hr p/w

Closing date: 31 October 2018, 11:30pm

·         Have you worked with young people with special educational needs and disabilities?

·         Are you passionate about Science engagement?

·         Do you love using objects and specimens to explain concepts?

If the answer to all of those is yes, then you are potentially the person we are looking for! Leeds Museums and Galleries are seeking an inspirational, creative and highly organised educationalist to join our award winning Learning and Access team.

As the Learning and Access Officer (STEM Careers for All), you will have a talent for, and experience of, communicating with young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The post develops museum collection-based Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) career support and work experience opportunities for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) through events, placements, careers fairs and outreach into SEND settings for KS2 upwards.

You will supervise volunteers and casual delivery staff, and collaborate with colleagues on site and across the service to build on the existing learning programmes. You will be qualified to degree-level, or similar vocational qualification, with hands-on teaching, SEND and museums experience.

The Careers for All programme is part of the Real World Science Partnership with the Natural History Museum, London, and is funded by The Eranda Rothschild Foundation.

As a team, we focus on the three C’s: Curiosity, Creativity and Conversation. Want to join the conversation?

The post is temporary until July 2020 and is subject to an enhanced DBS check. For an informal discussion about the post please contact Kate Fellows, Lifelong Learning Manager on 07891276891, [log in to unmask]

We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.

To apply, go to: https://jobs.leeds.gov.uk/museums-galleries-city-development-learning-and-access-officer/29762.job

Kate Fellows

Lifelong Learning Manager, Leeds Museums and Galleries

Please note I work Monday – Thursday.

43,927 children aged 0-19 participated in school visits to our museums and galleries and in workshops in other settings during 2017-18, supported by 6111 teachers. We trained 1470 teachers in the same year.

Make a statement. Be creative. Be curious. Start a conversation.

www.leeds.gov.uk/museumsandgalleries

www.mylearning.org

Last chance to nominate for the CFL Awards!
Last chance to have your say and nominate for those people, places and organisations that are helping make Leeds more child friendly. Please nominate here before 26 October.

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +