Hi,

After working on this, finally I did my experiments comparing between 2 groups. My design matrix look like:

1 0 -2.4 3.6 0.7 -0.5
1 0 3.2 2.5 -0.3 -0.5
0 1 2.2 5.3 0.7 0.5
0 1 2.3 3.2 -0.3 -0.5

Note that this is only a sample of 4 subjects, the full matrix has 47. The first two columns are the groups, and the last 4 some covariates demeaned (is not mandatory but I already had this, so I use it). To run the randomise I didn't use the -D option. My contrast were 1 -1 0 0 0 0 and -1 1 0 0 0 0. Until here all is clear. However, now I have to introduce another covariate, that changes completely the experiment. Now I don't have groups, and I want to check the correlation between the new covariate and the FA. After reading in the forum I found that the design matrix would be something like this:

1 -2.4 3.6 0.7 -0.5 0.7
1 3.2 2.5 -0.3 -0.5 0.6
1 2.2 5.3 0.7 0.5 0.2
1 2.3 3.2 -0.3 -0.5 0.3

And the contrast:

0 0 0 0 0 1
0 0 0 0 0 -1

I am right? Also I read that as I don't have different groups now and the mean is modelled in the design matrix, I don't have to demean any of the variables and neither to add the -D option. Is this correct? The interpretation of this will be the correlation of the last covariate with the FA? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Manuel