Hi Ben,
What kind of error are you getting at this point? Are you still getting the following:

An exception has been thrown
number of rows in design matrix doesn't match number of "time points" in input data!

What is the output of wc -l on the design.txt ? From the file you sent, it looks like it should be 78, which is what I get on your file. This also would appear to match the fslinfo output.

I've used Excel plenty of times to create complex design matrices without issue, so I'm a little bit at a loss to understand what's going wrong in your case. I've copied directly from Excel into a Unix-based text editor (e.g. vim).