Thanks for this Ben, this is just the kind of useful feedback we are looking for. And you are right - although the app has managed to acquire thousands of registered users since its soft launch in April this year, Google analytics confirms what you suggest - there are many who visit but don’t set up an account.

Although developing the app so users can try it before setting up an account is a good idea, at the moment the development is being funded on a (very short) shoestring so other functionality will probably have higher priority for development for the time being.

The financial sustainability of the app is an interesting issue. Since the entire rationale is to facilitate timely access to high quality evidence by all healthcare professionals, I argued strongly with City, University of London that we should make this a FREE web-based mobile app (www.BestEvidence.Info) and not charge users as this would put a financial barrier in the way of its use, especially in countries where health professionals are less well paid. However, this of course means that there is no guaranteed income stream….

Ah well!

Please keep the feedback coming…

Best wishes

Amanda

(P.S. If any list members know of charitable organisations where contributing to the further development and dissemination of such a tool matches with their terms of reference, please do drop me a line!)