We are seeking a talented statistician to take an exciting role in our team in Brisbane. The successful candidate will be working on a range of problems in natural resource management, particularly in marine and coastal applications. The CSIRO through DATA61 is seeking to deepen its abilities to undertake statistical research to underpin sustainable marine conservation and development. Areas of research include design and analysis of marine monitoring programs and spatio-temporal modelling.

The work is multi-disciplinary, with staff from DATA61, and collaborators from other CSIRO Business Units. The work is expected to be delivered directly to clients, and through CSIRO Oceans & Atmosphere.

There is also the opportunity to develop work in other areas aligned with the research agenda of the broader DATA61 Data Analytic Research Group which has key capabilities that include:
*         * Monitoring and survey design,
*         * Spatio-temporal modelling and prediction,
*         * Statistical modelling and computation,
*         * Hierarchical frameworks to integrate data, empirical and process models, and represent uncertainty.
Applications will remain open until filled, however we encourage you to submit your application by Tuesday 6th November 2018 as we will assess suitable candidates from that date onward.

Please see https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Brisbane%2C-QLD-Research-Scientist-in-Applied-Statistics/511320200/ for further detail.

Ross Darnell |  CSIRO Data61 | Ecosciences Precinct, 41 Boggo Road, Dutton Park, QLD 4102 | +61 7 3833 5534 | +61 4 47750905

 Homepage for envstat list:   http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/envstat