We are looking for just one or two more submissions to make this a double session! Extending the deadline by a day or two-- please be in touch asap if interested. Sorry for cross-posting and re-posting-- please forward to any grad students who might be interested. Thanks!

CFP: AAG 2019 Graduate Voices in the LawscapeGraduate Student Paper Session and Award
Sponsored by the Legal Geography Specialty Group

Legal geography explores the practice and conceptualization of the law in and via place and space, examining the relationship between law and the changing spatial, social, and environmental conditions that create and contribute to our understanding of the world(s) we inhabit. The Legal Geography Specialty Group of the AAG welcomes all graduate student scholars who pursue research that the involves legal inquiry-whether you consider yourself a 'spatial detective' (Bennett 2015), a transdisciplinary/post-disciplinary scholar (Braverman et al. 2014), or are simply interested in the utility of legal geography as a subdiscipline for supporting your work. As legal geographers we study a wide range of topics, including (im)migration, environmental justice, resource management, the administration of law in place, law and urban spaces, and much more.

Eligibility:
Please be a current or prospective master's or PhD student or JD student, with a research focus that involves some form of legal inquiry. We welcome those who have not previously considered their work to be 'legal geography,' as well as those who are interested in contributing further to the development of this subfield. You are not required to have a completed paper to participate in this paper/presentation competition, but you must have an argument upon which to base a substantive paper outline/presentation. To be eligible, you should plan to present your work at this special session at the AAG, Graduate Voices in the Lawscape

To submit:

Please send a title and abstract to Alida Cantor ([log in to unmask]) by October 23rd, 5pm PST. We will ask for an extended 2-3 page abstract or draft paper to be submitted 2 weeks before the conference.  If you have any questions about the Student Paper/Presentation, please email us and visit our website for forthcoming information (legalgeography.com).

Award/Benefits:
The recipient of the Graduate Voices in the Lawscape award will receive $150. All participants will receive feedback on their extended abstracts and conference presentation from members of the Legal Geography Specialty Group. The recipient of the award will be announced at the LGSG's annual meeting (details/date TBD) at the AAG.

We look forward to receiving your submission!

--
Alida Cantor, PhD
Assistant Professor of Geography

To unsubscribe from the CRIT-GEOG-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM&A=1