Sent: 29 October 2018 20:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Started with the wrong amino acid sequence at the beginning of a project - assignment requires shifting

Hi Everyone,

I have been using CARA for assignment and been transferring my assignment to Ccpnmr analysis version 2.2.4. to follow chemical shift changes for titration experiment.

Problem:-

The initial sequence that I had put into analysis project is wrong - it includes 3 amino acids from cloning artefacts that had been removed. The sequence that I used to do assignment in CARA  excludes these 3 amino acid artefacts and I have been using these assignments when transferring these assignments into analysis.

So all the assigned amino acids are shifted by 3 amino acids and it’s all wrong.

I was wondering if there is any way for me to fix this without having to create a new project, inserting the correct sequence (without the 3 amino acids artefacts) and transferring all the assignments into every spectrum for every titration that I did.

Does anyone have any experience in such an issue? This would save a lot of time by avoiding creating a new project. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note:-

I tried making a new chain, chain B with the correct sequence and transferring the assignment from the original chain to chain B. But this does not shift the assignment three amino acids along the sequence.

Many Thanks,
Faiz

DPhil (PhD) Student in Biochemistry,
Schnell Group,