Dear all,

A BBSRC-funded PhD position is available in our group at the University of Sheffield (UK), to study the structure and mechanism of bacterial appendages involved in P. aeruginosa virulence and biofilm formation, using cryo-EM combined with other cool biophysics toys (microfluidics, super-resolution fluorescence microscopy etc..).

The University of Sheffield is equipped with an Arctica microscope with Falcon III direct-electron detector. You can find out more about our bioimaging facility here: http://www.imagine-imaginglife.com/facilities.html

To find out more about elligibility and how to apply, please use the following link: https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=101613

For an informal discussion about the project, please email me at [log in to unmask]

Cheers,

Julien
Dr Julien Bergeron
Lecturer in Electron Microscopy
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
The University of Sheffield
Tel: (+44) 01142 222 854