Dear Dimitry,

We have shown that you can perform movie alignments on a more local basis without using very extreme low-pass filters (sometimes described as "B-factors"). Thus you will necessarily have a larger yield of usable particles from the same set of micrographs. That is more than sufficient evidence of improvement!  The FRC is a metric that is local to your correction operation and that measures the improvement directly. The final 3D map resolution only comes at the end  of a long pipeline, that any two people will perform differently and that is too indirectly related to the very early data-set correction. Bottom line: the FRC metric is necessary and sufficient to show the data-set improvement by the camera correction. However it does not necessarily and sufficiently guarantee that nobody will generate gold-standard garbage further down the pipeline.  ;)
Cheers,
Marin