Dear Szymon,

these stripes also appear when there is an uneven angular assignment. This can be by the data itself (preferential interaction with the water-air interface, or the support), or by a problem of the angular assignment algorithm. You may check the angular distribution, ideally it should be even. If not, with side views alone you can reconstruct without any missing region in Fourier space. To know if it is a problem of the data or the algorithm, you would need to perform a second reconstruction with some other software.

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar

On 31/10/2018 6:15, Szymon W Manka wrote:
Dear Takanori and Sjors

I have the same issue apparent only in unfiltered half maps (stable Relion 2.1):

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 04.57.05.png

I've been wondering what could be the origin of these artifactual streaks of density (attached).

With thanks for any possible advice,
Szymon

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 12:41 PM Joe Atherton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone managed to find a solution for this bug with unfiltered helical reconstruction during 3Drefine?
Things I have discovered since the original problem:

1) I get the same problem with relion v3.0
2) I don't get the same problem when I apply helical symmetry

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Joe

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano                  e-mail:   [log in to unmask]
Biocomputing unit                             http://i2pc.es/coss
National Center of Biotechnology (CSIC)
c/Darwin, 3
Campus Universidad Autónoma (Cantoblanco)     Tlf: 34-91-585 4510
28049 MADRID (SPAIN)                          Fax: 34-91-585 4506