From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Innes, Gavin
Sent: 09 October 2018 12:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Blackboard Ally and Reading Lists

Dear all

Here in the University of Aberdeen we have recently launched Blackboard Ally to increase the accessibility of documents hosted on the VLE. However we are mindful that library material scanned under the CLA licence should not be available in the alternative formats for all students due to licence/copyright reasons.  I know that some institutions use a reading list (like Talis) and so do not have this issue as CLA material is hosted there instead.  The management of copyright here at UoA is devolved out to the schools from the library and so is not managed centrally.

We are trying to find out if other institutions use a reading list system such as Talis, or if anyone has experience of managing CLA material going into Ally?

Many thanks
Gavin Innes

Gavin Innes
eLearning Adviser (Online)
Centre for Academic Development, University of Aberdeen
Regent Building, King's College, Aberdeen, AB24 3FX
+44(0)1224 274707

eLearning Team:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>,  +44 (0)1224 273765

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.