From: The Black and Asian Studies Association <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hannah Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 18 October 2018 13:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Frederick Douglass Play in Edinburgh

Dear all,

For anyone based in Edinburgh or nearby, I’m writing to invite you to the play myself and Dr. Arun Sood have organized about Frederick Douglass in Edinburgh. It takes place on the 9 November at 7:30pm. This one-act verbatim play re-enacts part of an antislavery meeting between Douglass and white abolitionist George Thompson, illustrating both the support and resistance he received in Scotland’s capital. Our script uses part of an Edinburgh speech verbatim, testimony that will not have been spoken aloud for over 170 years. 2018 marks the bicentenary of Douglass’ birth, marking a pertinent time to reconsider the legacy of his Scottish speeches and a perfect time to raise awareness of an American icon in Britain. At the end of the performance, Katherine Campbell will sing a rendition of the popular song, 'Send Back the Money.’

Tickets are just £3.73 and can be purchased here – www.sendbackthemoney.eventbrite.co.uk<http://www.sendbackthemoney.eventbrite.co.uk/>

Warm wishes,

Hannah-Rose