Dear all,

For anyone based in Edinburgh or nearby, I’m writing to invite you to the
play myself and Dr. Arun Sood have organized about Frederick Douglass in
Edinburgh. It takes place on the 9 November at 7:30pm. This one-act
verbatim play re-enacts part of an antislavery meeting between Douglass and
white abolitionist George Thompson, illustrating both the support and
resistance he received in Scotland’s capital. Our script uses part of an
Edinburgh speech verbatim, testimony that will not have been spoken aloud
for over 170 years. 2018 marks the bicentenary of Douglass’ birth, marking
a pertinent time to reconsider the legacy of his Scottish speeches and a
perfect time to raise awareness of an American icon in Britain. At the end
of the performance, Katherine Campbell will sing a rendition of the popular
song, 'Send Back the Money.’

Tickets are just £3.73 and can be purchased here –
www.sendbackthemoney.eventbrite.co.uk

Warm wishes,

Hannah-Rose