Hi everyone

I'm doing some research on the World Wide Web Consortium's website accessibility guidelines.

One of the criticisms of WCAG 2.0 has been that it doesn't pay enough attention to the access needs of visually impaired people and people with learning disabilities. I can see that the new WCAG 2.1 tries to address these issues.

I was wondering whether anyone could tell me if there is a consensus yet on how successful the new WCAG is at resolving the shortcomings of earlier versions?

Many thanks for your help.

Clive

Clive Gilbert

Freelance Research Consultant and Writer

Public policy | Social affairs | Technology

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/CliveGilbert

Twitter: @CliveGilbert

Skype: CliveG16

Sign up for my free dispATches e-bulletin about technologies that empower disabled and older people to be more independent – hosted and circulated by Designability: http://bit.ly/readdispATches

Editor of the Social Care Innovation Blog, promoting best practice across the sector – hosted by public sector consultancy RedQuadrant: http://bit.ly/SocialCareInnovation

To unsubscribe from the ASSISTECH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ASSISTECH&A=1