Please circulate the following vacancy to interested parties. This post will not be advertised in ARC Recruitment.

Heritage Centre Assistant (Fixed term)
Salvation Army International Heritage Centre, William Booth College, London SE5

Salary: £11.08 per hour plus London Weighting
Working Hours: 21 hours a week
Fixed-term post: 3 months
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro rata for part time); a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; an employee assistance programme

Job Summary:
The International Heritage Centre tells the story of The Salvation Army from its origins in the 1860s to the present, both in the UK and internationally. We collect, preserve, catalogue, research and make accessible material about the life and work of The Salvation Army. Our collections comprise a reference library, archive and museum.

Key Responsibilities:
The role of Heritage Centre Assistant is to provide support to the work of the professional archive team at the International Heritage Centre helping us provide a high-quality service to the public and internal users. As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate your strong interpersonal skills to advise and assist our visitors. You will be adept at handling research enquiries and have a natural talent for working in a methodical way ensuring attention to detail.

Appointment subject to satisfactory references, qualifications & proof of right to work in the UK

For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website:
http://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/jobs

For informal discussion of the post, please contact Ruth Macdonald on 0207 326 7808 or [log in to unmask]

Closing date: Midnight 7th November 2018
Interview date: Friday 16th November 2018
CVs will not be accepted

Ruth Macdonald
Archivist & Deputy Director
The Salvation Army International Heritage Centre
William Booth College
London
SE5 8BQ
020 7326 7808