Mind and Matter: Sharing and Caring for Collections and Colleagues Conference

Wednesday 7th of November 2018

West Yorkshire History Centre, Wakefield

Tickets are £30 including lunch and refreshments

https://mindandmatter.eventbrite.co.uk

The Mind and Matter: Sharing and Caring for Collections and Colleagues conference will bring together professionals from across the archive/heritage sector to share their experience of working with mental health and sensitive collections.

As Archivists, collection managers, conservators and engagement staff we are trained to be sensitive, mindful and law-abiding when providing access to difficult and upsetting collections. We are very aware of the direct emotional impact that archival material can have on our visitors but the impact on professional staff who work with these collections can be overlooked.

This conference will explore, through showcasing a number of innovative public engagement projects, how access to mental health and other sensitive collections can be enabled in new and different ways for new audiences, but will also consider the mental health and wellbeing of staff who work with these collections to ensure their care and accessibility.

Case studies covering these themes from across the profession will be explored and include; Norfolk Change Minds project, conserving the Broadmoor collection, Asylum photography and ethics of re-use, Cambridge University Darwin Project and more.

Who is it for?

The conference will be relevant for Archivists, Collection Managers, Conservators, Archives Engagement staff and Academics who are responsible for and make access available to mental health and sensitive collections.

Is lunch provided?

Yes. Tea, coffee and lunch are included in the price of the ticket. Please contact us with dietary requirements

To book

Please go to the Eventbrite page which is available at https://mindandmatter.eventbrite.co.uk

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

cid:image001.png@01D3C288.F4E81E70

cid:image002.png@01D3C288.F4E81E70

David Morris | Archivist

Please note, our telephone number has recently changed to 0113 535 0142

If you could update your address book with this new number.

Tel: 0113 535 0142

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.wyjs.org.uk/archives

WYAS Wakefield, West Yorkshire History Centre, Wakefield, WF1 1JG

cid:image004.png@01D3C288.F4E81E70

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.