There's still time to apply to join the Manchester Together Archive project team.

You can find out more about the archive and our work do far at
https://mcrtogetherarchive.org/

If you have any questions about the project, please contact Amanda Wallace (details below) or me.

Regards
Larysa

Larysa Bolton
Heritage Collections Officer
Archives+
Manchester Central Library

0161 234 1986

Position Title: Project Co-ordinator (Manchester Together Archive)
Salary: Grade 6 0.6 FTE £24,657 to £28,221 (Bar at £ £27,358) per annum
Part-Time Position (21 hours per week)
 Contract: Fixed term, 18 months
Work Location: Manchester Art Gallery, Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3JL
DBS Check Required: No

An exciting opportunity has arisen in Manchester City Council to manage a project to develop the Manchester Together Archive as part of a Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) project.

The Manchester Together Archive, held at Manchester Art Gallery, is made up of more than 10,000 items left in St Ann’s Square (and a small number of other locations), in the weeks following the 22 May 2017 Manchester Arena attack. The items include notes, poems, cards, t-shirts, soft toys with personal messages, drawings, balloons and candles. This material is significant in its completeness, and marks a specific moment in Manchester’s history.

We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and experienced Project Co-ordinator to lead a small team within Manchester City Galleries. The team, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, will work in partnership with the University of Manchester (Centre for Cultural Practices) and with colleagues in Archives + to document, interpret and digitise this material and create a publicly accessible online database.

The key responsibility of this role will be to plan and implement the project and manage the day to day running of the project, liaising with all members of the project team and volunteers. This will include ensuring that the project is running to schedule and that the project is within budget.

Applicants should have experience of working with archives or museum collections in a collection management capacity, and experience of managing a documentation or cataloguing project. Experience of digitisation practices and managing volunteers would be an advantage.

This post reports to the Deputy Director, Manchester Art Gallery.

Manchester City Galleries works in strategic partnership with the Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum to deliver the city’s cultural objectives and promote Manchester as a centre of knowledge and creativity. We use our expertise to conserve, display and interpret the city’s significant collections of fine art, decorative art and costume, introducing new audiences to art and helping to raise Manchester’s cultural profile. Our critically acclaimed artistic programme mixes historic works with the best international contemporary art and draws more than half a million visitors a year to our two main venues, Manchester Art Gallery and Platt Hall.

Application Instructions:
If you have any queries about the role please contact Amanda Wallace by emailing [log in to unmask]

For further information and to apply online please visit: https://bit.ly/2OpD9zh

Closing Date: 19 October 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 31 October 2018

Larysa Bolton
Heritage Collections Officer
Libraries, Galleries and Culture
The Neighbourhoods Service

Central Library
PO Box 532
Albert Square
Manchester
M60 2LA

Tel: 0161 234 1986
Mobile: 07976 812625

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. The full text of the Council's email disclaimer is available at www.manchester.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer.

Your personal data is very important to us. Please refer to our privacy notice at www.manchester.gov.uk/privacy for further information.

Please contact internet.[log in to unmask]gov.uk with any queries.