After the medals were found among household items taken to Acorn Enterprise’s Reuse Centre at La Collette, the social enterprise’s strategy and risk manager David Rose made an appeal in the JEP to find out more about their original recipient.

As his wartime records had been destroyed in a bombing raid in the Second World War, all Mr Rose could discover was that the soldier was Private Jonathan Nunn, who had served in the 15th (Suffolk Yeomanry) Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment.

Information subsequently received from Jersey Archive and the Lancashire Infantry Museum has established that after the First World War, Mr Nunn and his wife, Nancy, made their home in Jersey.

http://bit.ly/2RPnEzq
http://bit.ly/2RPnEzq+

--
Peterk