Dear all,

We are recruiting a replacement for an archival data analyst, working within a curatorial team at The National Archives.

Data Analyst (Catalogue and Taxonomy), The National Archives, Kew

£32,497 - £38,000

Closing date: 24 October 2018

Archives are the homes for our collective memories, past, present and future. We want to change how people think about archives. New digital approaches and technologies are our biggest challenge but they also present huge opportunities to enhance the information that we publish in our records catalogue, Discovery.

You will undertake text-based analysis, data manipulation, programming and automation work to support the transformation of metadata for both our historic and digital archive. You will be able to enhance/develop software tools or templates to be deployed to a variety of data collection projects carried out by our staff and volunteers.

Join us here in beautiful Kew, just 10 minutes' walk from the Overground and Underground stations, and help create a modern national archive. In return, you can expect an excellent Civil Service benefits package that includes a pension, the option to work part time or job share, childcare vouchers, and opportunities for training and development. We also offer access to the Civil Service sports facilities,  wellbeing resources, an on-site gym, a restaurant, shop and staff bar.

Job description and application details available at: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1598478

Also through http://nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/jobs/

Thanks and regards

Jone

Jone Garmendia

Head of Cataloguing

Catalogue and Taxonomy

The National Archives

Tel  +44 (0)20 8876 3444 Ext. 2415
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk>

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.