The Nelson Mandela Foundation today launched the digital archives of the 1964 Rivonia Trial recordings which will be made available to the public at the National Library as part of the centenary celebrations of South Africa’s first democratic president.

In a packed auditorium at the foundation’s offices in Johannesburg, representatives of the National Archives and Records Service of South Africa (NARSSA) – the custodians of the archives – and the French National Audiovisual Institute (INA) who developed technology to restore the archives, made presentations on the genesis of the project and the digitisation and restoration process.

http://bit.ly/2IDRsee
http://bit.ly/2IDRsee+

--
Peterk