Dear Colleagues,

The charity I work for are publishing a book on the history of our organisation.

We have had many visits from various members of the Royal Family in past years and the author of the book has specified they want images of these visits in the history book.

Whilst we own the copyright for the photographs, does anybody know if you have to seek consent from the palace to use images of the Royal Family in a publication?

I understand they are public figures so the normal rules might not be applicable, but, if anybody has been in a similar position before, your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Elly Southwell

Elly Southwell
Project Archivist, Norwood

T: 01344 755 518E: [log in to unmask]

ABOUT US  DONATE TO US  ATTEND OUR EVENTS  WORK FOR US

norwood.org.uk  Norwood Direct: 020 8809 8809

Ravenswood, Nine Mile Ride, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45 6BQ

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error please notify us and remove it from your system. Norwood is the operating name of Norwood Ravenswood, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under the number 3263519 and registered as a charity in England and Wales number 1059050. Registered office: Broadway House, 80-82 The Broadway, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 4HB.