Dear Robyn, dear all,
Please find the requested paper on wood synthesis in the Eastern Desert, in English and French.
Thank you for your paper!
All the best,
Charlène Bouchaud

Le mer. 24 oct. 2018 à 16:57, Robyn Veal <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :
Dear Marijke,

Thank you for this chapter, very interesting (as always!). I wondered, since you are a joint author on the wood and charcoal chapter would it be possible to have a copy of that too please?

I’m working on charcoal from Utica - from the pre-Roman to the Islamic period. Diversity doesn't seem to be so prolific compared with the synthesis of the Eastern Desert work (despite the coastal location).
But I am only part way through, and this is the first attempt by me at African material. I’ve got a lot of olive, as it turns out (pre-Roman).

I note a small comment about Reflectance in the charcoal chapter. I have co-authored an article which discusses using reflectance on some archaeological cremation charcoal. I attach that for interest.

I have applied to our library to get a copy of the book - but this will take a while!

Kind regards, Robyn.

Dr Robyn Veal

Affiliate scholar,
McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research
Quondam fellow, Hughes Hall
University of Cambridge.

Honorary research associate, University of Sydney

www.robynveal.com