Hi,

I am a junior studying the History of Science and Technology at Johns Hopkins University, and I am interested finding summer learning opportunities in archaeo-metallurgy.

Thank you to David Scott for sharing the Metallography and Microstructure summer school course in ancient and historic metals!  I know that University College London previously offered a summer school in conjunction with the Institute for Archaeo-Metallurgical Studies, but has not offered it for the past two years.  Are there other programs that I should add to my list?  I’d like to explore as much as possible this coming summer, since I am considering graduate work in this field after I receive my Bachelor’s degree in May 2020.

I have done some volunteer archaeological field work, and am a blacksmith, so I am most interested in programs that could provide me with the experience of lab analysis on artifacts and and help me understand the process of investigation into metallography and microstructures.

Sincerely,
Gus Meisner