---
Thiago Fossile
enviado do Gmail Mobile

Em ter, 4 de set de 2018 04:15, Liselotte Takken <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

Hi Thiago,

Thank you for your reply. The mandible weighs 85.1 g (I hope this helps).

Best,

Liselotte

Van: Thiago Fossile <[log in to unmask]>
Verzonden: maandag 3 september 2018 23:17:13
Aan: Liselotte Takken
CC: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: [ZOOARCH] Help with identification

Hi Liselotte,
it would be cool if we know the weight, which I can give certainty, But by the size and size of the teeth, it can be Tursiops.

Att.
---
Thiago Fossile
enviado do Gmail Mobile

Em seg, 3 de set de 2018 08:32, Liselotte Takken <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

Dear Zooarchers,

I have come across a mandible which I suspect to be from a common bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus), a species which we haven't got in our collection (although it contains quite a large number of marine mammals). Is there someone out there who can identify this specimen?

Pictures can be found here:

http://zooarchaeology.ning.com/photo/albums/unidentified-dolphin-mandible-tursiops-truncatus

Thank you in advance,

Liselotte

--------------------------------

Dr. Liselotte Takken Beijersbergen

University Museum of Bergen

The Natural History Collections

University of Bergen

P.O. Box 7800

5020 BERGEN

Norway

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

http://www.uib.no/personer/Liselotte.Takken

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1