Hello, all!

I'm the co-host of the new podcast, The Dirt. Every week, we tackle one topic, ranging from Homo floresiensis to hoaxes to ancient diets to the domestication of the dog. It's everything awe-inspiring, weird, wonderful, mysterious, and groundbreaking that the study of our shared human past has to offer, from all over the world. Our goal is communication, outreach, and "edutainment." We hope that members of this listserv will enjoy our show! If you're a faculty member, some of our current episodes provide great intros to archaeology and anthropology basics that your students might find helpful. We'd also love if you reach out to us with topics you'd find helpful for future episodes.

We just put out a special bonus episode that's perfect for zooarchers--an interview with Grace Veatch, a grad student studying the many species of rats on Flores, Indonesia, to learn more about the hunting behavior of Homo floresiensis and anatomically modern humans. We hope you'll give it a listen and enjoy! We have big plans for the Dirt, and we hope to use it as a tool for science literacy, education, and fun!

You can find all of our episodes and more information at thedirtpod.com.

Thanks!
--
Anna Goldfield, PhD.