Simon Davis

De: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Em nome de Julie Curl
Enviada: quarta-feira, 19 de setembro de 2018 13:45
Para: [log in to unmask]
Assunto: Re: [ZOOARCH] Help for tooth ID

Hello Aurelie,

Checked a Rhesus and Barbary Ape in my reference material. It does compare quite well with the lower third molar of the Barbary and about the right size. My female was an aged girl at death and some damage to her teeth, but primate is possible.

Any other bones found? Was the grave high status? Monkey pets were popular with the wealthy and there were travelling performers with small monkeys.

Perhaps checking a better range of primates. The Natural History Museum in London were very helpful when I had a monkey find many years ago.

Will try and compare with some other examples when I can.

Best wishes Julie